Dr. Shachar's rates:
$225 for first appointment/evaluation - 55 minutes.
$185 per 45-minute session follow-up appointments.
Pre-Marital Counseling Package for engaged couples: A special package of three 45-minute sessions for $450, focusing on communication and conflict resolution skills,
personality styles and "love languages," negotiating "The Big Three: Sex, Money & Kids," and resources for addressing future concerns.
Discounted fees are offered full-time, self-supporting students and active military personnel and their dependents.
Most medical insurance plans will reimburse you for my services, according to your plan's Out of Network services reimbursement schedule.
Clients pay me directly and I file insurance claims for clients' reimbursement.
Please check your coverage carefully by asking the following questions:
- What are my mental health services benefits?
- What is my reimbursement amount for psychotherapy/counseling with a doctoral level, licensed psychologist?
- Is there a limit to the number of therapy sessions my plan covers?
- What is the deductible for my out-of-network benefits?
- Is approval required from my primary care physician?
Cash, check and all major credit cards accepted for payment. A credit card is required to secure the first appointment and is charged 24 hours in advance of the appointment.
Questions? Please contact me for further information.