Dr. Shachar's Rates
$225 for INDIVIDUAL Evaluation/First session - 55 minutes
$185 for Individuals Follow-up sessions - 45 minutes
$375 for COUPLES Evaluation/First and all Follow up sessions - 90 minutes
- Discounted fees are offered for Full-time, Self-supporting students (parents or others are not paying tuition and/or living expenses including therapy) and active military personnel and their dependents (not retired, and still serving in an active ongoing capacity in one of the Armed Forces including military reserve units) . The discounted rate of $135 for a 45 minute Follow Up Session will apply in these cases only.
I do not accept insurance copayments. Clients pay me directly in full for each session and I can file insurance claims for clients' reimbursement if desired. Most insurance plans do not cover Marriage/Couples Therapy.
If you are a recipient of Medicare, or expect to become age 65 while under my care, it is important that you carefully review this section and discuss it with me.
I am unable to see Medicare clients in Individual Psychotherapy or Group Psychotherapy who sign up for Medicare Supplement B Plan .
If you turn 65 while under my care and want to continue to see me individually or in group therapy, you must select not to sign up for Supplement B. If you do choose or have chosen to sign up for Supplement B, I will need to refer you immediately to another provider who sees Medicare clients. Note: Marital and/or Family Therapy or Post-Retirement Counseling are not covered by Medicare, and therefore I can see you for these services.
Please check your insurance coverage carefully by asking the following questions:
- What are my mental health services benefits?
- What is my reimbursement amount for psychotherapy/counseling with a doctoral level, licensed psychologist? (Please note that many in-network therapists are not PhD or doctoral level.)
- Is there a limit to the number of therapy sessions my plan covers?
- What is the deductible for my out-of-network benefits ?
- Is approval required from my primary care physician?
Cash, check and all major credit cards including American Express and most HSA cards are accepted for payment.
A credit card is required to secure the first appointment and is charged 24 hours in advance of the appointment
An $8.00 credit card processing fee is applied to all charges.
*No additional charge is applied for cash or check payment for follow-up visits.
If you continue to see me for Follow Up session, your credit card will remain on file for your convenience (cash or check may be used for follow up appointments), and to cover missed appointments.
Please contact me for further information or questions.